- Congratulations!! Daniel
- Daniel Thompson, the deep-voiced singer/songwriter from the NSW Central Coast,
scored his second Independent Award winning Male Vocalist of the Year with his
remake of the classic (Iím Just A) Country Boy. Daniel previously won Rising
Star Male in 2001.
- FROM THE RICHEST VOICE IN TOWN....
- ....comes the first single and title track
Daniel Thompson's forthcoming debut album "The Richest Man In
Track #2 - NFS 86.
Penned by himself & friend Tamara Stewart (ABC Music), the single
is close to Daniel's heart, as it's about his late father Michael.
The inspiration coming from a thank you note Michael had written.
A heartfelt tribute, created not only by Daniel, but from producer
Stuie French (Swingin' Doors Studio/Feral Swing Katz), playing
42-year old Fender Stratocaster guitar - which was bought new in
The upcoming album sees a who's who of Australia's top musicians
in the credits, with the awarding winning Feral Swing Katz
featured, and two beautiful duets with Felicity Urquhart 'Where We
Go From Here' & Kate Ballantyne (Bella) 'We're Both To Blame'.
First single 'The Richest Man In Town' is just a taste of what is
instore from the album.
Daniel Thompson - a rich resonant voice that is country to the
Forthcoming album "The Richest Man In Town' - available from
OneStop Entertainment & leading retail stores
- For interviews or more information please
Rebecca Urquhart McCarthy
ph/fax +61 2 4285 1461
(m) 0439 730 460
- Here's an
update of what I have been doing.
My album is a few weeks away from being finished. Jeff
McCormack finished mastering it today. So now it's waiting for
artwork to be finished which should be mid next week. Then it's
off to be pressed....
I'll have my album out in time for the Norfolk Island festival at
the end of May which I will be at.
Other than that my wife, Suzy, is due to have a baby in August.
The due date is the same week as my birthday, so the preparations
for that are ongoing in my household.
That's about all I have to report, for now. I'll let you know when
the album comes out.
- Tamworth Ragepage would like
to wish Daniel and Sue all the best with their baby and also the
- Here's an update on my
- The album will be called "The Richest Man in Town". It is being
Stuey French with a little help (or hindrance) from me. The title
about Dad, the chorus was taken from a thankyou note he wrote to
people that helped him out at his fundraiser in Oct 2001. So it is
co-write with me, Dad and Tamara Stewart.
- Daniel with his dad Michael (on left)
- There will be two duets on the album......
One with Felicity called "Where
- We Go From Here" and one with Kate Ballantyne called "We're Both
- There is also a track featuring the Feral Swing Katz (of course).
- I'll let you know when it is available and any other details of
what I'm up
Stuie French producing album for Daniel at his "Swingin' Doors"
- Tamworth Festival 2003
- "The Pub"
- Daniel Thompson
- Daniel Thompson and Joel Oakhill
- Andrew Toombes and Daniel Thompson
- Andrew Toombes, Daniel Thompson and Joel Oakhill
- Duncan Toombes
Print out and have the